Association québécoise du syndrome de la Tourette (AQST)
Quebec Tourette's syndrome association
Offers support and access to resources to those with Tourette's syndrome, and those who interact closely with them (parents, friends, physicians, neurologists, psychiatrists, pediatricians, researchers, as well as to health, social and educational workers
and staff, and any others who deal with people with Tourette's syndrome).
- Promote social integration of people affected;
- Promote the development and maintenance of research into the disease;
- Train social and educational practitioners and others involved;
- Jointly develop (with medical, educational and social service communities) intervention strategies to respond to the needs of people with Tourette's syndrome;
- Develop support groups (sharing and conferences);
- Provide telephone and e-mail support;
- Provide documentation;
- Publish Info-SGT, a quarterly information bulletin;
- Provide a videocassette rental and purchase service;
- Children's activities (summer camps, outings, etc.);
- Training on GTS for the educational, health and social services communities.
Topic Area: Family support and information
Source/Organization: Not-for-profit organization
Geographic Focus: Québec
Purpose: To support, inform, valorize and integrate people with Tourette's syndrome, as well as those who help or live with them, and to build public awareness about the syndrome.
Date reviewed: September 2014